Some things are just not ok. Not ok at all. They never were they never will be.
- It is not ok to make fun of people about things they cannot change, things they have no control over like their height, their skin color, their accents, or even their stupidity. (No pun intended some people were born that way.)
- It is not ok, in this era of technology, to go to someone’s house unannounced. Call, text, send a smoke signal if you must, just let them know you are passing by. Unless of course you are a Jehovah’s Witness and are passing around spreading the gospel, well then that is allowed.
- It is not ok to go to someone’s house and take over their computer, ipad, phone or even their remote.
- It is not ok to go peeping into your neighbor’s windows be it day or night. You want to know what I’m up to or how my house looks, knock and find out.
- And when I do let you in, it is not ok for you to tell me how to “panga” my house unless I asked for your opinion. You have your own house; feel free to arrange it how you want. There is a reason mine is the way it is. And it works for me believe it or not.
- It is not ok to use your when you mean you’re, were for where, here for hear, there for their, its didn’t not din’t. I don’t care how you pronounce them, but please just spell them rite. Wait, I meant right. I see a lot of those on Facebook. Uh uh…not ok.
- And while we are still on this facebook issue, can we talk about how it is not ok to like your own status update, your picture or even your comment? We know you like it,otherwise why would it be on your wall? so please don’t go ahead and “like” it again. that is just like master you know what bating in public. Don’t, don’t.please don’t!?
- It is not ok to start a chat conversation with someone and then go silent after they reply. Better not start the conversation in the first place. For e.g.
Me: Hi Jane how have you been?
Jane: Hi I’ve been fine and you?
It is not ok for me not to reply to Jane, unless of course I have network issues, or I fall asleep, which I will apologize for the next time we chat.
- It is not ok to hit on your friends girlfriend/boyfriend ex or otherwise. Guy/girl code applies here. Make use of it.
- It is not ok to chew with your mouth open. Doesn’t matter what you are chewing. Parents, please teach your kids that.
- It is not ok to come in between two friends, you know nothing of their friendship,or their beef for that matter. Just remember, there are two sides of each story, either way, it is no business of yours, stay away. It’s not cool to interfere. Not cool at all.
- It is not ok to go to church dressed like a whore. Man or woman. The church is not the place to pick up the dudes/chics. Last time I checked they had bars for that. Don’t take your “agendas” to church. Leave your ulterior motives at home. Dress accordingly.
- It is not ok to share another person’s personal contacts. Telephone number, email address or whatever. If you want her contacts, find her and ask her. Don’t ask me coz I don’t know why she hasn’t given them to you herself.
- It is not ok to air your dirty laundry in public. Don’t go bad mouthing your husband or your wife. You took a vow, for better or for worse. Remember that. Oh and yeah, we also don’t need details of your bedroom stories. That’s not only “un-ok”, it is disrespectful. Nkt!!!
- It is not ok for you to copy my assignment. And just because I let you don’t mean its ok. I did not spend sleepless nights just so you can have it easy on the morning its due.
- And no, it is not ok for you to lie to your parents that you are in school while all you do is party all night and sleep all day. You are not even enrolled yet you say you are in school. “majuto ni mjukuu.” I don’t know how to translate that, but time and tide wait for no man.
- It is not ok to start a conversation like this, “I wanted to ask you something….” Or “I heard something about you…” and then not finish the sentence. That is just childish, this is not high school. How are you gonna behave like that now?
- It is not ok to pressure your friends to drink alcohol, even after they refuse, just as it is not ok to hang out with friends as they drink while you remain sober(unless you are driving of course) if you don’t want to drink them stay at home.
- No! No! It is not ok to think that Africa is a country, and no, we don’t live on trees. I don’t own a pet giraffe and the gods must be crazy was just a movie. Please just stop already!
This is an addition requested by Jay…(don’t know who Jay is? find out here.)
- It is not ok to pressure people to get married, neither is it ok to pressure anyone to have babies. Married or not. People have reasons why they wait. They will get married when the time is right, they will have babies when they are ready, and God’s time is the best time.